Pages

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Challenge Accepted

I've done a lot to distract me from working on my other WIPs. As it stands, I've participated in 2 different challenges and generally started on two different novels while working on something that I laughingly call my "memoirs".

I'm in the stage now where my 9 to 5 has been calling me to step up, make difference, and spend time away from the stories that go on in my head. I struggle to keep up with writing, mostly because life demands it. Being a night owl, it's a little hard to get up at 5 a.m. as other writers claim. I also can't spend hours on end writing. I start work at 7:30 and don't leave until 5:30. All of it is necessary to be successful.

Let's just say I'm not at the stage of quitting and going full-time. I admire those that do, but I'm the sole breadwinner...it's not much of an option. Besides, I love my full-time job. Is that weird?

To top it all off, I'm letting a bad review get on my nerves (and I know I shouldn't) and I can't pick my next project. Seriously, I have no idea which project to start/complete. It's annoying as hell and taking up my time.

I mean, who seriously tries to write three projects at once? I can barely remember what I ate for breakfast this morning, let alone keep track of characters and story arcs for three short stories/novels or whatever they will end up being.

*Sigh*. I apologize for the rants...Just checking in and making sure that I'm alive. Yes, you read that right. I'm making sure that *I'm* alive. Thank goodness it's a long weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment